When a person needs someone to take care of them, either because they are a child, or they have a physical or mental condition that prevents them from caring for themselves, then they may need a guardian or a conservator.  Guardianship allows for someone else to be appointed to take care of a person, their property or both, when the person is mentally unable to make their own decisions.  A conservatorship may be appropriate if the person has mental capacity, but a physical disability prevents them from caring for themselves.  Attorney Todd Willhoite has helped many families take care of loved ones by helping them be appointed guardian or conservator of an incapacitated person, or a minor.

Unfortunately, some people attempt to steal from the incapacitated.  Todd Willhoite is experienced in recovering money and property for the ward when they have been victimized.

If you or your loved one needs advice regarding whether an adult guardianship is right for your situation or you have concerns a loved one has been financially exploited, please call us at (918) 341-3101 for a free telephone consultation to see if we can help.